Aims and Values
It has always been our belief that the task of a primary school is to provide the children with a happy and secure environment in which they can attain their full potential.
Our aims are:
- To provide a good foundation of skills, particularly in English, Mathematics and Science.
- To enable children to develop their own individuality and means of self expression, using a wide range of approaches.
- To develop self-discipline in a supportive and caring environment and encourage honesty, initiative, self control and acceptable social behaviour.
- To provide opportunities for a rich variety of experience, so that the children can live a full, active, healthy and useful life within the community as a whole.
- To build up a genuine enjoyment of both work and play.
- To involve all the children in tasks which will give them opportunities to use their initiative in school and in extra-curricular activities.
- To ensure equal opportunities for boys and girls.
All members of the school community work towards the school's aims and values
- Esteeming children as individuals and respecting their rights, values and beliefs.
- Fostering and promoting good relationships and a sense of belonging to the school community.
- Providing a well-ordered environment in which all are fully aware of behavioural expectations.
- Offering equal opportunities in all aspects of school life and recognising the importance of different cultures.
- Encouraging, praising and positively reinforcing good relationships behaviours and work.
- Working as a team; supporting and encouraging one another.
"The pupils’ good achievement and excellent personal skills ensure that they are very well prepared for the future.” OFSTED 2013