Hot School Meals
Welcome to The Farm Kitchen
Our Hot school meals are provided by The Farm Kitchen, awarded the Select Lincolnshire Caterer of the Year Award 2015
The Farm Kitchen are a local Lincolnshire based company dedicated to providing freshly prepared, delicious school meals made using the highest quality ingredients. They believe passionately in the importance of children eating good quality food and being encouraged to develop an interest in the food they eat and where it comes from.
The Farm Kitchen are dedicated to actively improving the quality of school meals and feel passionately about working with schools and children to improve the culture of food education.
All of The Farm Kitchen meals are guaranteed that:
- We source as many local ingredients as possible (a minimum of 50%)
- All of our meat is farm assured and traceable "back to farm"
- Our meals contain no undesirable food additives or hydrogenated fats
- All of our eggs are from free range hens
- Our meals are produced by a team of well-trained and dedicated catering staff
- Our meals contain no GM ingredients
- All of the pork used in our ham and sausages is from outdoor reared pigs
- No fish is served from the Marine Conservation Society "fish to avoid" list
- We actively encourage children to learn more about the food they eat and how it is produced
If you would like to find out more about the meals supplied by The Farm Kitchen please visit their website: www.thefarmkitchen.com; you can also click to Login to your account to order meals from their website.
Meals must be ordered by the Tuesday for the following week.
The cost per meal is £2.50
Universal Free School Meals
All children in EYFS and KS1 are entitled to a free school meal.
Free School Meals (Pupil Premium)
Free school meals are a statutory benefit for all school aged children for families who receive other qualifying benefits. From September 2014, a new universal eligibility checking service for free school meals was introduced. This enables all Primary and Secondary children to be checked for eligilbity for free school meals. This system also determine eligilbilty for Pupil Premium, which means schools will receive an extra £1,300 per eligible pupil from central government fo fund valuable support such as extra tuition and learning support. For further information or to apply, please click here.