EYFS Summer Term Week 1
This weeks activities are based around the story The Tiger Who Came to Tea.
The Tiger Who Came to Tea story-CBeebies link below.
Here are some suggestions of literacy tasks based on The Tiger Who Came to Tea story.
- Draw pictures to sequencing the story and label. Use this to retell the story in your own words.
- Write shopping lists or menus for the tea party.
- Make invitations for a teddy to come and have tea with you.
- Write a speech bubble for the tiger.
- Draw and label a meal for the tiger.
- Phonics Play games - phase 2 and phase 3 (all games are free to use)
- Phonics booklets and activities are available to download at the bottom of this page.
Here are some maths ideas linked to the story.
- Repeating patterns using orange and black buttons/string/ paint/ crayons etc…
- Match the correct number of orange and black objects to the numeral 0-20.
- Making their own sandwich. can you cut the sandwich in half, quarters. what shapes can you make, rectangles, squares, triangles etc..
- Measure ingredients and follow a recipe to make some cakes. Then enjoy your creations at a tea party.
Here is a link to some other maths activities.
Understanding of the World
Use the below link to see tigers in the wild. Following watching the clip talk about their homes, natural habitats and what tiger babies are called.
- Use the internet, maps, or the globe to find the different countries tigers live in.
- Explore shadows, in the sunshine draw around animals shadows onto white paper. Discuss how we get shadows.
Here are some suggested creative activities.
- Make tiger lolly-pop stick puppets
- Tear black paper and orange paper to make tiger stripes on a collage picture.
- Make paper plate tiger masks
- Make a jungle scene using play dough (leaves, pebbles sticks, wild animals)
- Set up a tea party for your teddies- make a menu of the different things they could eat.
Animal boogie song Can you join in with the actions? Dont forget to join along with the song too!