EYFS Summer Term Week 5
- Listen to the story here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Jnk3XApKBg or on here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LRdbB_tRPsg.
- How many words can you think of and write beginning with w?
- Make a sock worm (see creative) and write about the adventures it could go on.
- Write down some facts you know about worms.
- Make some letters out of cooked, wriggly spaghetti or pieces of wool or string.
- Listen to this poem about a worm. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iDG2-bxpno0
- http://www.letters-and-sounds.com/ Play some of the games from Phase 2 or 3.
- Sound out 'worm' and 'wiggle' - try to pick out the sounds and have a go writing them down.
- Practice your cursive handwriting.
- Make an acrostic poem for worms. Think of a word beginning with each letter.
Here is a link to some maths activities.
Here are some other maths activities linked to our story.
- Make some worms out of playdough. Can you put them is size order?
- Find worms in the garden. Can you measure them with other a ruler?
- Draw some worms and add a cloured pattern, for examle red, yellow, green, red, yellow, green.
- Positional language. Hide your sock worm and describe where he is. See Positional language file below.
Understanding of the world
- Find out about worms. Make a leaflet or factsheet about them. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7O40A-6Jmt4.
- Make your own wormery https://schoolgardening.rhs.org.uk/Resources/Activity/Mini-wormery
- Dig for worms in your garden if you have one.
- Find out what sort of animals eat worms. Draw and label them.
- Make a worm by threading pasta onto string or wool. Can you make it wriggle?
- Move around your house like a worm. Can you make yourself long and thin?
- Make some zigzag patterns using different colours.
- If you have a skipping rope, practise skipping, pretending it is Superworm!
- Think about the super things you can do with your body. Can you run, jump, roll, cartwheel? Practise some of thiese things safely.
- Make a sock worm using and old sock.
- Make a worm stick puppet. Retell the story of Superworm using it.
- Sing along with this song. Can you make up some movements to go with it? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s5NEdQ904jYSupporting Resources