EYFS Summer Term Week 7
- Commotion in the Ocean
Listen to the poems in the book.
Here is a link to the book being read. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9pRhgZ8Jffs
- Choose on sea creature to research some facts using non-fiction books and the internet. Record the fact you find out.
- Write some sentences about an under the sea image. (See example of sheet below)
- Riddles (What am I?). Please see What am I? sea creature power point below. Use the clues to guess each animal. Write their own ‘What am I?’ sea creature riddles for you to guess, and draw the answers under a covered bit of paper/ post it so the answer can be revealed.
- Make a list of rhyming words. (see sheets below for some ideas)
- Join in with Jack Harman Ryhme and Freeze https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cSPmGPIyykU
- Play tricky word phase 3 bingo. (See below)
Here is a link to some maths activities.
Here are some other activities linked to this weeks book.
- The Sharing Shark activity- The Sharing Shark has 12 shells to share between his friends. Can you share the shells fairly between the different sea creatures? How many shells does each sea creature have? (Read the postcard from the Sharing Shark, see below)
- Order the fish from 1-20 (See below for resource sheets)
- Commotion in the Ocean adding sheet. (See below)
- Under the Sea addition sheet (See below)
- Under the Sea Subtraction sheet. (See below)
- Find, colour and count sheet (See below)
- Cosmic Kids-Under the sea https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qC83oFEeVZA
Understanding the World
World Ocean Day Monday 8th June
Schedule · Monday 8 June 2020
- Make an ocean in a bottle- You will need a plastic bottle with a cap, cooking oil or baby oil, water and blue food colouring. Optional- sand, shell, stones,glitter, and a small fish toy. https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.wikihow.com%2FMake-an-Ocean-in-a-Bottle&psig=AOvVaw3GkHmLM_0xR55XPrCnPkLr&ust=1590245141740000&source=images&cd=vfe&ved=0CA0QjhxqFwoTCLD36anbx-kCFQAAAAAdAAAAABAa
- Explore why the oil and the water don't mix in the bottle. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pcu286G46Ao
Make a paper plate crab. (see below for instructions)
Make a jelly fish using a plastic paper cup or bowl. Add strips of paper, ribbons, tissue paper.
Use kitchen or toilet rolls tube to make an octopus.
- A Hole in the Bottom of the Sea song. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R1Qn2bcZRTo