EYFS Summer Term Week 9
- Listen to some pirate stories.
The Night Pirates - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mdWxBn-xvrQ
Pirates Love Underpants - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vd8_Y1bEzA8
Treasure of Pirate Frank - https://nosycrowaudio.com/the-treasure-of-pirate-frank
- Design and label pirate wanted posters.
- Draw yourself as a pirate and label key features such as hat, hook, etc… What would your pirate name be?
- Write about what you would do if you were a pirate.
- Writing messages to send in a bottle- Can you write a message on your paper? Can you fold your paper in half? Can you fold your paper in half, again? Can you post your message into the bottle? Where do you think your bottle would go to if you threw it in the sea?
- Use your cursive handwriting to write the phase 3 tricky words. (See sheet below)
- Play the buried treasure sorting game.(See below)
- Play Phonics play treasure game. https://www.phonicsplay.co.uk/resources/phase/3/buried-treasure
- Sort the treasure into real words and nonsense words. (see below)
- Write a caption about a treasure chest.
Here is a link to some maths activities.
Here are some activities linked to pirates.
- The pirates have lots of treasure. Choose a boat/ container and have a bowl of water. Place the boat/container into the water. Use coins or other objects count how many you need before the pirate ship sinks.How many objects will it take to sink the boat/container? Was your guess correct?
- Adding two amounts of treasure together. You can use any objects to add and then record in a number sentence such as 2+6=8 etc. (Example sheet below)
- Draw the same amount of coins inside the treasure chest to double the amount. (See below for sheet)
- Solve the pirate number problems. (See below)
- Counting in ten's song. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rd5DBkP9avw
- Count in tens make a walk the plank.
Cosmic Kids Pirate Yoga- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T_0P5grVoyg
Go Noodle pirate song and actions. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V7Ew70w-zAM
Understanding of the World
- Look at the Powerpoint about Pirate ships. (See below)
- Label a pirate ship.
- Explore floating and sinking. Watch Messy goes to Okido flaoting and sinking. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jZtvWBNEsIE&t=36s
- Listen to CBeebies- Do You Know Songs- Sinking and Floating- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s2DTW0EMigk
- Carry out a floating and sinking experiment.Choose some objects that you can test weather they float or sink. (Activity sheet below)
- Look at some maps of were you live. Talk about the different features. you could also explore Google maps. Make your own pirate treasure map. You could alwaymake your paper look old by dipping it in tea. (See below)
- Design your own pirate flag.(See below)
- Make your own pirate ship using plastic tubs, cork etc.. Dont forget to give it a sail. Once you have made a boat test it to see if it floats.
- Make pirate hats.(Instructions below)
- Can you make a telescope using a kitchen roll.
- Egg Box Treasure Chest!- Decorate an egg box using paint or paper and create a treasure chest. Fill it with goodies gems or pirate treats! Feathery Friend
- Create a pretty parrot using a toilet roll, paper, paints, feathers, leaves, cut up magazines etc…..Can you use a pipe cleaner or some string to attach it to your arm.
Here are some pirate songs:
When I was One-https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x7MgOk6ZdlQ
A Pirate Went to Sea- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YOA3he2Gv4M