Please find below some useful links to helping with your child's mental wellbeing during the Coronavirus Pandemic. Thanks to Healthy Minds Lincolnshire for these links and tips.
- Online managing worries and anxious feelings workshop- 40 minute long workshop for Primary and Secondary aged children: https://www.lpft.nhs.uk/young-people/lincolnshire/young-people/helping-you-help-yourself
- Relaxation and mindfulness videos- each around 2 minutes long for children/young people, parents/carers or professionals: https://www.lpft.nhs.uk/young-people/lincolnshire/young-people/helping-you-help-yourself
- Coronavirus support page- with new videos to support children/young people, parents/carers and teachers during COVID-19: https://www.lpft.nhs.uk/young-people/lincolnshire/young-people/coronavirus-informationresource-hub
Online ‘Managing worries and anxious feelings’ workshop
On the link below you will find a recorded anxiety workshop that is appropriate for both Primary and Secondary aged pupils. We recommend that Primary aged children are supported by their Parents/carers/responsible adult to access this as they might need some help to understand or complete the activities. The workshop contains positive, supportive strategies that would be delivered to a group of children that are either experiencing some low level worries/anxieties or to provide education and support about some supportive strategies that are just good to know anyway on a day to day basis to help us to understand ourselves more and process our feelings.
On the link if you scroll to near the bottom of the page you will find the workshop. There are links to supporting workbooks for Primary and Secondary aged children to use alongside the workshop which are just about the video. There is also a parent pack to download under the video with advice and support for parents and carers. Please see the link below for the online anxiety workshop:
Relaxation and Mindfulness
On the same link: https://www.lpft.nhs.uk/young-people/lincolnshire/young-people/helping-you-help-yourself if you scroll down you will see lots of helpful information. If you click on the relaxation and self-soothing tab you will find some short relaxation videos which are around two minutes long. These can be used by not only children and young people, but family/carers and professionals who may be struggling and need some support :
- finger breathing
- colour breathing
- my happy place exercise
- progressive muscle relaxation
Coronavirus support page
On this link: https://www.lpft.nhs.uk/young-people/lincolnshire/young-people/coronavirus-informationresource-hub you will find resources to support emotional wellbeing in relation to Coronavirus. This is a growing resource with contributions from both CAMHS and Healthy Minds Lincolnshire. On here you will find some new helpful videos:
- 5 Ways to Wellbeing during Covid -19 (found directly on webpage, scroll down)
- Top Tips for Young People during Covid -19 (found on webpage link under “Tips/Advice on managing anxiety and mental health during Coronavirus.”)
- Top Tips for Parents/Carers during Covid-19 (found on webpage link under “Supporting your child during Coronavirus.”)
- Top Tips for Teaching staff during Covid -19 (found on webpage link, right at the bottom)
Of course as always if you have concerns about a child or young person’s emotional wellbeing please contact us on the Here4You line which is operational as normal. Here4You line on 01522 309120 – available Monday to Friday 09.30 – 16.30. Alternatively, please visit https://www.lpft.nhs.uk/young-people/lincolnshire/home where you can find useful information and self-help advice.