Apprentice Administration Assistant
Market Deeping Community Primary School
An exciting opportunity to join our supportive and friendly colleagues at Market Deeping Community Primary School to assist the Administration and Finance Team in the provision of clerical and administrative duties.
Closing date: 29 Jul 2020
Weekly wage: £124.50
Working week: Monday to Friday, between 8.30am to 3.30pm with 1 hour for lunch. Term time only plus inset days.
Total hours per week: 30.00
Expected duration: 21 months
Possible start date: 01 Sep 2020
Apprenticeship level: Advanced - Level 3 (A level)
Reference number: VAC001637138
Positions: 1 available
Duties to include:
- To carry out telephone, reception and messenger duties
- To provide administrative support, including filing, word processing and reprographics work and data input
- To open, distribute incoming mail, record and send outgoing mail. Receive incoming goods and check against orders as required
- To assist the arrangement of routine in school activities such as medical or dental examinations, school photographs, induction evenings etc.
- To assist with the general administration of work experience, school trips etc.
- To assist in the compilation of such reports and records, and assessment of data as may be required by the school, governors, Education Authority or DfE
- To assist in the compilation, maintenance and analysis of registers
- To maintain such records as may be required, including admissions, leavers, staff and student records. Archiving of files in accordance with the Retention Guidelines for Schools
- To liaise with parents as directed regarding issues relating to individual pupils, including investigating absences
- To handle cash in line with the schools finance policy, which may include collecting money from pupils and parents
- To input data onto computerised systems e.g. SAP, SIMS, Integris (or other database software) as required
- To maintain confidentiality and Data Protection under GDPR rules when handling sensitive information and tasks
- To attend Boston College for your apprenticeship workshop one day per month (which may sometimes be in the school holidays), keeping up to date with all assignments and tasks and ensuring they are submitted within the agreed timeframe
Requirements and prospects
- Good communicator
- Excellent literacy and numeracy skills
- Competent ICT user
- Able to work as part of a team
- Professional attitude and smart, clean appearance
- Friendly and approachable
- Able to adapt to change
The entry qualifications for the Level 3 Business Administrator Apprenticeship are five GCSEs at grade 4 or above (Old GCSE grade C or above) including English and Maths and/or Functional Skills English and Maths at Level 2 or above (or equivalent).
Advanced Apprentices may progress onto the Level 4 Higher Apprenticeship if their job role allows. Career progression and employment opportunities will be enhanced upon completion of the Apprenticeship at any level.
Things to consider
Work is subject to many interruptions from reception and telephone duties. This is part of the role and does not cause any significant change to the overall tasks to be carried out.
General office work may involve long periods of working at a computer.
Successful appointment will be subject to an enhanced DBS check.
Due to high numbers of applications, we may close this vacancy sooner than the specified closing date, therefore early applications are encouraged to avoid disappointment.
About the employer
Here at Market Deeping Community School we work together so that everyone can achieve their unique potential. The school has experienced an exciting wave of development and improvement in recent years. In January 2019 work was completed on a new school hall, new classroom and new learning spaces. We have excellent Year 6 National Test Results as well sporting successes, musical triumphs and drama performances.
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Boston College
Hannah Stringer 01205 313238 firstname.lastname@example.org
Level 3 Business Administrator Qualification.
During your apprenticeship you will cover units including:
- Finance and Financial Processes
- Business Fundamentals
- External Influences, Stakeholder Management
- Project Management
- Improving Processes and Decision Making
- Regulations and Business Policies
The Apprenticeship also consists of several elements, which have been identified by employers as an appropriate set of skills to operate in your chosen job role.
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.